Common Questions about your Mountain Stay
Please embrace our mountain life. Things are slower here, the locals are friendly, and life here is different. Our cell phone service is spotty at best, we have only one internet provider so don't expect to Zoom with business all day. Come and enjoy the mountain experience with twisty roads, gravel and pot holes at times. Winter might require a AWD or a 4WD. Ask and read your entire listing. Please don't leave a bad review because you don't like the roads, the phone service, the WiFi, a steep drive, or distance from town. Embrace our beautiful life here and leave the city life behind.
1. What are your office hours?
- Our office hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday- Friday. On Saturdays, we are open from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm and are closed on Sunday.
2. Does it snow in the Ellijay area during winter?
- It does snow occasionally in winter. The thing to remember is that sometimes after it snows, during daylight hours, the snow will melt and re-freeze during the night, creating icy conditions. Always plan ahead to ensure you have enough medicines and provisions to last until the roads are passable. Also we offer trip insurance which covers inclement weather. I
3. Will I have cell phone service in the mountains?
- It really depends on your cell phone service. Some carriers (AT&T, Verizon) do very well. Some areas will receive better service than others. Some cabins have a telephone (land line) for local use and emergencies. You cannot use cabin telephones for long distance calls, so please bring a calling card if you need to make a long distance call.
4. Do we need to clean the cabin before we leave?
- You are not expected to clean the cabin before you leave, however, you are required to follow checkout instructions provided in the cabin binder before you leave.
5. What do we need to bring with us for our stay in the mountains.
- You only need to bring clothing and personal toiletries. Your cabin kitchen will be fully equipped with appliances and utensils. An initial supply of toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, dishwasher soap and individual soaps and shampoos will be provided. Also, there are several grocery stores and restaurants in the area for dining in or out. We do not supply salt, pepper, spices, or other condiments.
6. How much is due when we book?
- If you book more than 21 days prior to your arrival, 50% of the total booking is due. The second 50% is due when you reach 21 days until your arrival. If you book a cabin with less than 21 days until arrival, the total amount is due at booking.
7. Are pets allowed in the rental cabins?
- We are a pet friendly company, however, some owners may not allow pets in their units. This information is listed on our website for each. If you are not sure, please give us a call to be sure. In a dog friendly cabin, call before you book as we have restrictions.
8. How do I get the keys and directions to our cabin?
- Directions and key lockbox codes will be e-mailed to you five (5) days prior to your arrival and check-in.
9. How old do you have to be to rent a cabin?
- You must be 25 years old or older to rent a cabin. If you are the person renting the cabin, you must be a member of the party coming in and stay for the duration of the reservation. We don't allow party cabins nor a group all in their twenties. All guests must be pre-booked, no additional visitors.
10. What times are check-in/check-out?
- Check-in is 4:00 pm and check-out is 11:00 am. During busy times of the year, we normally have guests arriving the same day you are leaving, so the cleaning crew has to have time make sure the cabin is spotless for the next guests.
11. Will we encounter wildlife and what kind?
- The North Georgia mountains have an abundance of wildlife you might come in contact with. Bear, Deer, Raccoon, Otter, Turkey and assorted insects populate the mountains. When hiking or walking pets, just be aware of your surroundings to have a safe and enjoyable stay. Always have your dog on a leash and walk with a walking stick.